Starting with version 2.0.0 we have implemented Authentication trackers and the Support information functionality.
Authentication trackers are used internally to keep track of your users' authentication sessions. They are ephemeral, i.e. they will be deleted after a short period of time. If something is not working properly, users will be given a tracker ID in the error message, which you can use here to look at their session information.
Generate authentication tracker
To generate an authentication tracker: Open the SAML Single Sign On configuration page → Navigate to System and Support → Authentication Tracker → Click on generate new tracker → Copy the provided link and give this link to the person trying to log in. The last created authentication tracker ID will automatically be copied to the Enter the Tracker ID field.
Different ways to track the authentication process
- To track this authentication link directly in the generation new tracker dialog you can click here
- Add the Tracker ID to the Enter the Tracker ID field and click Fetch
- Select show list and click on Details (under Actions) on the specific authentication tracker
Collect Support information
For faster and better troubleshooting an issue, our support might ask you for Support informations. It contains the current plugin configurations and all self included authentication tracker informations. They will be collected for you, so you can simply attach it to a support case, either by including it in an email or via our customer portal.
You can download the support information here: SAML Single Sign On configuration page → Navigate to System and Support → Support information → Collect Information
To add authentication tracker informations to the support information: SAML Single Sign On configuration page → Navigate to System and Support → Authentication Tracker
To add a specific authentication tracker:
- Enter a Tracker ID and click on Fetch
- In the Authentication Tracker details dialog, activate the checkbox Include in Support objects
To add one or more authentication trackers:
- Select show list
- Select the required authentication tracker in the list under Include