Below, you find information to setup Azure AD and our apps. If you our need help or have questions, you can contact us via our helpdesk or book a free screen share session at https://resolution.de/go/calendly.
Based on your user provisioning model, pick one of the following step-by-step guides.
In most cases we recommend to use Azure AD with User Sync.
- Azure AD with User Sync
Setting up User synchronisation with Azure AD, as well as authentication via SAML
- Azure AD with Just-in-Time Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with Azure AD and using Just-in-Time Provisioning to create/update User Accounts during login.
- Azure AD with Manual Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with Azure AD for Users that already exist in the Atlassian product.
Some important notes:
- User Sync functionality is currently only available for Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket.
- Fisheye only supports Manual User Management.
Which Step-by-Step Guide you should pick?
Depending on your Atlassian product, you can choose from different user provisioning models. We recommend using User Sync, since it is easy to setup and maintain.
In general, with Azure AD we support the following ways for user provisioning:
- User Sync allows to sync users periodically from Azure AD, but also when they log in for the first time into your Atlassian product. See our detailed article for User Sync.
- Just in Time Provisioning allows to create and update users on-the-fly when they log in. A drawback for syncing groups from Azure is, that only group ids and no group names are sent. See our detailed article for JIT.
- LDAP synchronisation from Active Directory. Is you instance still synchronised to your Active Directory via LDAP, you can continue to do so. Please follow the "Manual User Management" Guide in this scenario.
- For Manual User Management, the administrator has to has to create and update users on Azure and your Atlassian product by hand.
We do not recommend it. See our article for Manual User Management.
|Model/Function||Admin Effort||Pro's and Con's|
|Just in Time Provisioning|
Low, if no groups
High, with Groups from Azure
|Manual User Management||High |