Transforming guest user names from Azure AD so that they match Atlassian usernames.
A guest username in Azure looks like the below and a transformation will basically restore the email address part of the guest username.
- an Azure AD subscription
- A (evaluation) subscription for the SAML SSO app
- Admin access to your Atlassian product
For more information about the prerequisites listed above, access the following link:
- Go to the SAML SSO configuration page
- Select your identity provider (Image 01)
- Scroll down to User ID Transformation
- Uncheck The IdP's NameID Attribute Matches the User IDs in Jira
- Then click Add one+ next to UserID transformation
- Add the following transformation (Image 02):
Regular expression: (.*)_(.*)#EXT#.*
- Save your configuration.
Image 01: Select the entry for the Azure AD identity provider
Image 02: Add the following transformation