Below, you find information to setup GSuite/ Google Apps and our apps. If you our need help or have questions, you can contact us via our helpdesk or book a free screen share session at https://resolution.de/go/calendly.
Based on your user provisioning model, pick one of the following step-by-step guides.
In most cases we recommend to use GSuite with User Sync.
- GSuite with User Sync
Setting up User synchronisation with GSuite, as well as authentication via SAML
GSuite with Just-In-Time Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with GSuite and using Just-in-Time Provisioning to create/update User Accounts during login. GSuite does not support to transmit groups via SAML attributes. Hence, groups must be managed locally in your Atlassian product.
- Step-By-Step Guide for GSuite with Manual Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with GSuite for Users that already exist in the Atlassian product.
Some important notes:
Which Step-by-Step Guide you should pick?
Depending on your Atlassian product, you can choose from different user provisioning models. We recommend using User Sync, since it is easy to setup and maintain.
In general, with GSuite we support the following ways for user provisioning:
- User Sync allows to sync users periodically from GSuite, but also when they log in for the first time into your Atlassian product. See our detailed article for User Sync.
- Just in Time Provisioning allows to create and update users on-the-fly when they log in. It is not possible to send groups via SAML for GSuite. Thus, groups must be managed locally. See our detailed article for JIT.
- LDAP synchronisation from Active Directory. Is you instance still synchronised to your Active Directory via LDAP, you can continue to do so. Please follow the "Manual User Management" Guide in this scenario.
- For Manual User Management, the administrator has to has to create and update users on GSuite and your Atlassian product by hand.
We do not recommend it. See our article for Manual User Management.
|Model/Function||Admin Effort||Pro's and Con's|
|Just in Time Provisioning|
need to manage groups locally on your product instance
|Manual User Management||High |