Below, you find information to setup Okta with our SAML SSO app. If you need help or have questions,
you can contact us via our help desk or book a free screen share session at https://resolution.de/go/calendly.
Based on your user provisioning model, pick one of the following step-by-step guides.
In most cases we recommend to use Okta with User Sync.
- Okta with User Sync
Setting up User synchronisation with Okta, as well as authentication via SAML
- Okta with Just-In-Time Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with Okta and using Just-in-Time Provisioning to create/update User Accounts during login.
- Okta with Manual Provisioning
Setting up authentication via SAML with Okta for Users that already exist in the Atlassian product.
Some important notes:
- User Sync functionality is currently only available for Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket.
- Fisheye only supports Manual User Management.
Which Step-by-Step Guide you should pick?
Depending on your Atlassian product, you can choose from different user provisioning models.
We recommend using User Sync, since it is easy to setup and maintain.
In general, with Okta we support the following ways for user provisioning:
- User Sync allows to sync users periodically from Okta, but also when they log in for the first time into your Atlassian product. See our detailed article for User Sync.
- Just in Time Provisioning allows to create and update users on-the-fly when they log in. See our detailed article for JIT.
- For Manual User Management, the administrator has to create and update users on Okta and your Atlassian product by hand.
We do not recommend it. See our article for Manual User Management.
|Model/Function||Admin Effort||Pro's and Con's|
|Just in Time Provisioning|
|Manual User Management||High |