In order for the app to be able to operate the way it does, the app retrieves and uses the following data:
- All messages sent to rooms it is installed in: The messages are scanned for links that need to be unfurled. Non-link parts and messages without links are discarded immediately unless there is an error.
- Links that are found in the messages are downloaded: This is necessary to extract the metadata that are displayed. Downloaded files are discarded immediately after processing or, if an error occurs, after less than 24 hours.
- If non-website links are found, the files are uploaded to Stride.
- Message metadata, such as site ID and conversation ID are logged. In case of application errors, these are logged with the messages that caused them to enable debugging of these errors. These logs are destroyed after at most one year.
- A combination of site ID, conversation ID and the links are stored for 7 days after they were received by the app in order to enable the history feature and to make it possible that no links are unfurled twice within 60 minutes.
- Settings, such as excluded domains, are stored indefinitely.
- All data is stored and processed at Heroku (a Salesforce company) in the USA in an effort to reduce latency.
Additionally, the following data is collected outside of the app:
- We use Google Analytics on the Atlassian Marketplace to collect anonymized usage metadata.
- Atlassian provides us with the email address of the person installing the app. This email address may be used for a small drip campaign from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Atlassian Marketplace also provides us with your company name and license size for the app.
More general information about how we treat your personal data can be found in the general Data Protection Statement.